Yacht Engine Oil Consumption Knowledges
First, let's take a look at the function of the yacht engine oil: the yacht engine oil has five functions of cooling, lubrication, cleaning, sealing and rust prevention, which plays a vital role in ensuring the normal operation of the yacht engine. During the circulation of the engine oil inside the yacht engine, an oil film is formed between the working surfaces of the friction moving parts to realize liquid friction, reduce power consumption, and reduce wear of the machine parts, which not only can play the role of heat dissipation, but also increase the sealing performance. . Therefore, it is necessary to check the state of the oil regularly, and if necessary, add or replace the oil.
In order to maintain the normal operation of the yacht engine, the reasons for oil consumption are as follows:
1. The oil has the function of lubricating the piston, the piston ring, and the cylinder. When the piston yacht engine is working, there is a layer of oil film on the inner wall of the cylinder. During the combustion of the mixture, part of the oil film will be burned by the high-temperature combustion gas.
2. The oil is also used to lubricate the intake valve stem and is also drawn into the combustion chamber. High-temperature exhaust gas also consumes oil used to lubricate the exhaust valve.
3. As the working time of the yacht engine increases, the steam generated by the high-temperature oxidation of the yacht engine oil will be sucked into the combustion chamber through the positive ventilation valve of the crankcase.
The factors that affect oil consumption generally have the following points:
1. The viscosity of the oil: The lower the viscosity of the oil, the worse the sealing effect is, and the amount of suction into the combustion chamber increases.
2. Driving status of the vehicle: High-speed driving and frequent acceleration and deceleration will increase the consumption of oil. The amount of oil consumed varies depending on the working conditions.
3. During the running-in period of the yacht engine, the engine oil consumption is relatively high. Therefore, the maximum allowable consumption of oil during the running-in period may reach 1.0L / 1000km, and the general yacht engine does not evaluate oil consumption during the running-in period.
4. The fuel quality is poor, it is easy to cause carbon deposits in the piston ring groove, which will cause the piston ring to be stuck for a long time; the oil ring loses the oil scraping effect, which causes the oil to rush into the combustion chamber from the gap between the piston and the cylinder wall, forming a real Burning oil.
5. After the yacht engine uses a certain number of kilometers, the piston ring, and cylinder wall wear, causing the matching clearance to exceed the limit, and a small part of the oil will enter the combustion chamber to form a real burning oil. According to the national standard GB3743-84, the oil consumption and fuel consumption ratio should be less than 1%. According to the standards provided by various manufacturers, the maximum consumption of oil under normal use conditions is generally about 0.3-0.5L/1000km.
Through the above narrative, in the usual use and use of the process of going out of the misunderstanding of burning oil
1. Less oil is "burning oil"
The correct view: Moderate consumption of motor oil is normal and inevitable. As long as the yacht engine is running, it will consume organic oil. Normal oil consumption is necessary to maintain the yacht's engine operation and will not cause damage to the yacht engine.
2. Check that the oil should be done during maintenance.
Correct view: According to different usage conditions, the oil should be checked regularly during routine maintenance. If the oil level exceeds the lower limit, it should be added in time. The frequency of inspections of vehicles with long service life and long mileage and often used under severe conditions should be increased accordingly. The maintenance cycle of the vehicle is based on the normal driving conditions of the car. If the vehicle is used in a harsh condition, the maintenance cycle and the specified number of kilometers should be shortened according to the actual situation.
TAG:   Yacht Oil  Tips